Inspiration: Woodblocks DIY

One of my favorite toys are toys made of wood. They have an authenticity about them that I love! My kids have also grown to love toys made out of wood and they can get pretty possessive of their toys… I mean, which kid doesn’t?

On one of my outings to Ben Franklin craft store, I ventured out to the wood section and found plain wood blocks for crafts. I bought a few a while ago, and now finally I’ve made a small set just for me ;)

I call this set “Falling Feathers”. I specifically used feathers and leaves to create different configurations with the blocks and evoke them falling in different patterns. I can’t wait to make some more, maybe using another palette with letters or patterns. As always, I enjoy hearing from you and your comments make my day!

kraft&mint Falling Leaves Wood Blocks

Now time to play with them ;)

towercubes

fourstacked_cubes

stackedcubes

Since is Fall, I thought these could be a new center piece for my dining table

blocks_livingroom_v2

Thank you for reading and visiting my blog!

single_cube

Linking to these fab blogs:

Delineate your Dwelling

A bowl full of lemons

Sugar Bee Crafts

Carolyn’s Homework

The Well Crafted Home

Makingtheworld Cuter

Ducks in a Row

Get access to special news and free downloads

Signup now and receive special news and free downloads only for my e-mail subscribers

16 Comments

1. 2013/09/11 / 1:57 am

Beautiful pieces, love your creativity!

Ananasa.com- Home For Handmade

• 2013/09/11 / 8:24 am

Thank you Ananasa! So excited you visited my blog ;)

2. 2013/09/13 / 7:26 am

These are absolutely beautiful! I love the simplicity! Thanks so much for sharing on Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings! – Kristen

• 2013/09/13 / 9:19 am

Thank you Kristen :) I’m so excited you stopped by my blog!

• 2013/09/13 / 1:12 pm

Hi Kristen,
      I’m so happy you visited my blog :) cheers and blessings back to ya!

• 2013/09/17 / 9:17 pm

I am delighted to be featured on your blog! Thank you :) It is so encouraging to see my work at other crafter’s websites ;) Thank YOU!

3. 2013/10/04 / 7:39 pm

These are beautiful. How did you make them?

• 2013/10/04 / 10:40 pm

Hi! I painted them with white acrylic paint and then I used gold feather rub ons I found on Amazon ;)

4. JaneEllen
    2014/09/17 / 5:15 am

Your blocks are gorgeous, I’d love to make some. Using them as you did in that arrangement on your table is so striking looking. Very simple but sophisticated. Where did you find feather rub-on’s? They are really exquisite looking. You are very clever in how you arranged the blocks, love it so much. I’m a nut for feathers and leaves, especially this time of year. If you reply please do so to my email address.
    I miss Ben Franklin’s. Had one in Helena, MT when we lived there, hope it’s still there. After moving from San Diego area with all kinds of stores I was so happy to find Ben Franklins for craft supplies. There wasn’t much in Helena at that time we lived there May/92-May/99. Wish we still lived there. Happy week.
    See by comment above you found feather rub-on’s thru Amazon. I’ll have to do some scouting.

• 2014/09/17 / 4:32 pm

Hello JaneEllen! So glad you are going to try to make these blocks :) I did a bit of searching and found the feathers but in SILVER not in gold… I think they discontinued gold :( Here is a link for the silver ones ;)
      If I find the gold ones, I’ll post it here ;) cheers!