What do you love the most about buying a gift for someone? For me, I love the process of wrapping the gift in an interesting way that will create more anticipation when is time to open a present. I put together for you a brief tutorial for gift wrapping using only a roll of white paper, a laser printer and grey baker’s twine. Please take a look a below ;)
1. Gather your materials: a roll of white paper, baker’s twine and scissors. (I didn’t end up using the white leather cord shown above).
2. In a graphics editing program such as Photoshop or you could try to use MS Word too, pick a bold and interesting font. I used the font “Airbag” which you can download for free. In this case, I was celebrating my 16th wedding anniversary, so I chose the number 16 and a traditional sentiment.
3. On another document, I wrote the number 16 and also spelled it to create a texture I would use later.
4. Wrap your gift with white paper.
5. Print both documents I showed above. I chose to print them on photo paper and obtain a nice crisp print. Cut the number 16. The nice thing about the font I used is that is very “forgiving” if you are not the most precise person when it comes to cutting. Cut the sentiment too. I didn’t cut each letter but cut both words separately. Proceed to cut strips of the number sixteen texture as well.
6. Layout your cutouts like shown above and glue them to the gift.
These are the finished gifts! Thank you for reading and as always I love hearing from you!
Sharing with these blogs: