Christmas will be here in just two weeks and I’m putting together a few stationery kits to give to my kid’s teachers as Christmas presents. So far I’ve designed a set of paper weights, inspired from my “feathered cubes” craft from a few weeks ago. Please view my tutorial below.
1. Punch 1 sheet of silver card stock paper with a cloud puncher and a 1/2 inch circle puncher. I also used white paper and black sparkly paper to try different layouts but ended up using only the silver paper.
2. Start taping your wood block with sparkly tape until the entire block is covered as shown above. You will use a total of 4 wood blocks and 2 rolls of sparkly tape to cover all 4 blocks.
3. You can play with the different shapes you’ve cut out and try different layouts. My favorite was the cloud punch and I used this on 2 of the cubes. Please take a look below to view all 4 blocks put together.
The stationery below will be part of the kit and I’ll probably add cute pens and a gift card!
List of materials I used:
- Wood blocks from Ben Franklin craft store
- Sparkly tape from Amazon
- Cloud punch from Amazon
- 1/2 inch circle punch from Impress
- Heart punch from Impress
- Various kind of papers sold at Ben Franklin at the “specialty” paper section
- A Xyron sticker maker for all the cutouts
Thank you for reading! As always, your comments make my day!
Linking to these fab blogs:links here.