Hello! I found a diamond rubber-stamp while grocery shopping at Target and decided to make a few ornaments for the christmas “tree” I have in my bedroom. I had to give back my son’s Christmas tree so why not make my tree girlie with diamonds? This craft took about 90 minutes and the results are incredibly fun. At least for me ;)
Please take a look at the tutorial I put together for you.
Tutorial DIY Diamond Ornaments
1. Choose a dark color of card-stock and stamp it with white pigment ink.
2. Add a generous amount of embossing powder on top of your stamped shape.
- Pour out the excess powder and what’s left is the stamped shape with embossing powder.
- Using a heating tool (list of materials are shown at the bottom of this post) you’ll dry the embossing powder.
This photo shows how the powder begins to dry and becomes pretty shiny.
- Use a 2″ inch circle punch to cut your ornaments.
I used a silver jump ring and very thin floral wire for the hook.
Embossed diamond ornaments on white branches.
Have you made any ornaments in the past? These could also work pretty well as gift tags or as ornaments for a child’s christmas tree (sans the floral wire ;). As always I love hearing from you!!!
Materials I used: *
- Embossing tool found at Amazon or a craft store.
- Embossing powder
- 2″ inch circle punch
- Kid made modern stamp set from Target
I’m sharing this post with the following blogs:
*Affiliate Links. Please read kraft&mint policy on affiliate links.