Time is running away from me, and my schedule will change drastically once the kids go back to school. This week was a blur; I have some news I’m dying to share with you, but I have to wait until I complete my ideas and plans.
The highlights of my week were a wonderful double date with dear friends and eating Peruvian food. I am biased, and will claim Peruvian food is the best among the best foods I’ve ever had. But it is true. Once you try ceviche, a pisco sour and empanadas, you’ll know you have been missing out on the incredible flavors Peruvian food has.
Depending on which state you live in, access to Peruvian food may be limited. If you are around the Pacific Northwest, Portland has a Peruvian restaurant called “Andina.” In Seattle, we have “Wyracocha” in the city of Kirkland. Here are my top Peruvian dishes I would recommend for you try if you are blessed out of this world to land in a Peruvian restaurant ;)
- Empanadas: puffed pastries filled with either chicken or beef, raisins and other delicious ingredients.
- Ceviche: Citrus marinated halibut, red onions, cilantro, sweet potatoes, corn.
- Lomo Saltado: Stir Fry Filet Mignon, red onions, tomatoes, potatoes, cilantro.
- Aji de Gallina: Chicken shredded, creamy yellow pepper sauce, cheese, milk, walnuts.
- Alfajores: 4 Cookies filled with caramel.
- Helado de Lucuma: Peruvian Lucuma Ice Cream.
- Pisco Sour
Are you hungry yet? Hope you are having a great week!