Greetings kraft&mint readers! I’m Eva Stephen, (Owner: Home Décor – Blog )
Today I am here to share an amazing DIY idea for all those who are bored with their bedside cabinet. I am so grateful to Ursula for inviting me here.
Hope you enjoy this!
As useful as your bedside cabinet may be, it can also add amazing class to your bedroom in a few simple easy to do steps. You can easily jazz it up and add a classy touch to your bedside cabinet as I did to mine. Not only will it add color and a dressy look to your bedroom, you will enjoy using it as well.
This list contains some affiliate links for your convenience.
First prepare the base color, I chose white to go with taupe, but a lot of combinations can match depending on your bedroom setting and theme. Here is how I accomplished it:
1) Paint the cabinet with around 3 coats of paint for the perfect white finishing. After applying white paint, carefully smooth out the edges and excessive paint
2) Use a simple kitchen knife to eliminate any paint errors (for those who like me, don’t have a very good hand at painting the base; I’m very good with single coating though!).
3) Allow the base color to completely dry out before actual work begins. For best results, wait at least a day. In humid areas, the paint takes longer to dry out.
4) Measuring and marking is tricky, requiring a steady hand. I chose a measurement of 4 inches for the stripes all around the cabinet, leaving the top as it is.
And yes my husband gave a helping hand too; while I was at work he started a paint job on our wall; to compliment the bedside cabinets!
5) I drew lines across the cabinet, so while applying the masking tape; the end result would be exact and neat. Only then I applied my tape over the lines. Using a flat paint brush, I coated a single layer of paint across the tape covering the remaining portion.
6) Then let the paint dry out for approximately 12 hours, remove carefully to avoid any accidents. It will not chip off if given adequate time to dry up.
Voila! The final result was just spectacular. I’m in love with the new look! (The flowers were from my hubby who of course loves the new look of our bedside side cabinet as well.)
This looks fabulous with my wooden flooring and will look more beautiful once our planked wall is completed! What do you guys think? Will you give it a try to make your bedroom instantly dressy and classy?
Thank for having me Ursula! Was a pleasure! XOXO
Linking to these great blogs: