I’m SO excited to share with you a new craft I put together for Thanksgiving! All the materials were generously given to me by Craftistas and I’m super thankful ;) Please take a look below at a simple tutorial and materials.
Crafts: Give Thanks Bulletin Board
For this craft you will need the following:
- 30″ x 36″ sheet of packaged chocolate color burlap
- 8″ x 12″ stretched canvas
- Chocolate and Ivory Press Alpha Sheet
- Hemp Cord White 45 Hank
- Chalkstock artist trading cards
I’ve partnered with an awesome group of ladies called “Craftistas” and they have put all the materials together for you! You can buy them all or just a few depending on what materials you already have. When you click the button “Get the Materials!” it will take you to Craftitstas website.
1: You will begin with the stretch canvas and chocolate burlap and “color block” approximately a third (vertically) of the stretched canvas. The portion you will cover will be 4″ inches tall. I used crafting glue to attach the burlap to the canvas.
- This is a view of what the board looks on the back. You can see how I folded the burlap around the stretched canvas.
- You will use the white hemp cord and wrap it around the canvas a few times. For my craft I measured a total length of 144″ inches long. You can try how much you want to wrap around the canvas to create the “lines effect” I did for my board. At the bottom of picture “3” I have all the letters cut and ready to spell the words “Give Thanks”.
- The hemp cord will nicely hold each letter in place along with a little bit of glue. Now, I decided not to glue my letters so I can spell something else and re-use my board ;)
- Finally, write what you are thankful for on a small note and use paper tape to stick it to the board.
I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving with family and friends! This craft took me about 2 hours ;) As always I love hearing from you and your comments make my day!
Sharing with these blogs:
Credits: Flower and garland illustration by The Ink Nest.