Tea towels are a wonderful gift to receive and give. This craft is very rewarding and fairly simple to achieve. I’m a little addicted to making these after I tried my first tea towel craft last month.
“Oh I could never make this…” Yes you can! View my tutorial below.
Design Beautiful Tea Towels for Holiday Gifts
- For this craft, you will need two unbleached muslin tea towels, fabric paint in gold, Folk Art Handmade Charlotte Stencils “Woodland” and one foam brush.
- Begin by securing the stencil onto the muslim towel with tape. Then dip the foam brush in the fabric paint. Before you start applying the paint, tap the brush on a piece of paper to remove a bit of paint prior to starting painting your towel. Then slowly start tapping the foam brush onto the towel. Repeat this process twice until the entire shape is fully painted. Set aside to dry for one hour.
- Once the paint is dry, and you are happy with the results, you can use a blow dryer to “set” the paint or place the tea towel in your dryer for 20 minutes or so. The heat sets the paint.
- Fold and package your creation with bakers twine and a cute gift tag.
The stencils I used came with so many designs, it was hard to choose just two.
- Folk Art Handmade Charlotte Stencils “Woodland.”
- Tulip Soft Metallics Gold.
- Foam Brush
- Unbleached Muslin Tea Towel
Blogs I’m linking to: