I can’t believe I am done with my advent calendar! November is almost gone and then my favorite time of the year will be here.
Do you usually make an advent calendar or do you buy one? I’ve seen many beautiful advent calendars, and it was so tempting to buy one. Advent calendars can take a long time, but my starry advent calendar took two, 1-hour sessions ;)A friendly reminder that this post contains affiliate links. Please read my thoughts on affiliate links here.
Make a Starry Advent Calendar Tutorial
- You will need a sheet of Ombre Wrapping paper by Rifle paper co. This beautiful paper is printed double-sided in mint and coral. I bet you are shocked I didn’t pick the mint color ;) The first step is to glue the paper to a 26″ x 19″ book board.
- Second, lay out the stars on top.
- Apply number stickers to each star.
- Use a mini-white clip and clip the star.
- Before you glue the clips to the board, write the number of the day, a verse, and a prompt word. I found a wonderful advent verses list here.
- Glue all mini-clips to the board and voila, you have an advent calendar.
I’m so excited to have my advent calendar ready to go and can not wait to display it on November 30th.
Each day one of my kids will un-clip a star and read the verse. I also love the idea of a prompt word, that might inspire an activity with the kids, an outing or just good conversation.
Recap of materials
- Rifle Co Paper “Ombre Wrapping Paper”
- Book Board 26 x 19 inches
- Cardboard Stars
- SRM Stickers We’ve got your number small black
- Canvas Corp Mini-clothespins in white
Thank you for visiting and please leave me a comment with your thoughts or just to say hi.
My advent Calendar was featured on “A Somerset Holiday Magazine”!
Lovely blogs I’m linking to: