[dropcap custom_class=”normal”]I[/dropcap]s the first day of 2015! How are you doing? The kids are still wearing their jammies (including me), and my husband is building Legos. Sounds fun huh? I’m enjoying the laughs mixed with the occasional fighting of the kids. The house is pretty messy, laundry needs to be done, and I’m OK with it.
I don’t do new years resolutions, but one of the thoughts that I want to put more into action is “to be more in the moment.” I want to do less multitasking and have more joy.
What about you? What do you hope for in 2015?
While you give it a thought, please take a look below at the tutorial I put together for you. I made the cake topper above with paper, a few sequins, thread and needle.
[heading_entrance title=”Make a Cake Topper Tutorial” text=”with sequins, paper & thread” custom_class=””][/heading_entrance]
Tutorial for Happy 2015 Party Toppers
- Choose a paper of your choice. I used a “marbled” pattern paper. Not card stock but quite thin.
- Use a large hexagon punch and make four hexagons.
- Use colorful sequins, a needle and grey thread.
- Draw on each hexagon the numbers 2015
- “Trace” the numbers by sewing the sequins to each hexagon.
- Have fun with your new cake topper! Either bake a cake or purchase a simple buttercream frosting cake at the store ;)
I wish you a great 2015! 2015 has a good sound to it…
I’m linking to the following blogs: