What are the best gifts for Mother’s day? I don’t have the answer to that… But I do know that you can make any gift pretty and extra special with this DIY pineapples tea towels gift wrap.
To make these tea towels, you’ll only need three items, a muslin towel, pigment ink for fabric and a pineapple rubber-stamp.
Aren’t PINK pineapples even more fun?
- Use one muslin tea towel made of 100% cotton. I found mine at my local Ben Franklins craft store. You may also find one here.
- Pigment ink works great for stamping fabric. I used ColorBox Crafters pigment ink in “Sweet Pea.”
- Make sure you have a firm surface before you start stamping. I placed a white poster board underneath my tea towel, in case the ink went through the fabric.
- Grab the pigment ink pad, and tap the rubber-stamp until it is fully covered with ink. Begin stamping away.
- Cover the tea towel with pineapples, either in a grid or a random pattern.
- I used a white cardboard box to put my gift inside. This way, the pink pineapples would stand out more.
- Important step: before you use or give away the tea towel, use an iron to “set” the ink. You can also put it in the dryer for 30 minutes. Once you do this, the ink will be permanent.
- Place the box in the middle of the tea towel.
- Voila wrap the box and secure it with baker’s twine.