Hello! First, let me tell you that this is NOT real fur but a gorgeous faux fur ball I found MJ Trim online shop. I’ve been looking for a fur pom-pom ball for a while. I found a few on Etsy, but they were made out of real fur.
I adore my new fur pom-pom keychain! For now, I’m not using it for my keys, but to accessorize my purses. I want to make more of these in a soft pink color, black and white. These were super easy to make!
DIY Fur Pom Pom Keychain Tutorial
These links are for your convenience and a few of these are affiliate links ;)
- Starting top left clockwise, cut a strip of leather measuring 12″ long. Then fold the strip in half and make a hole with a screw punch or rotary punch.
- The fur pom pom ball comes with an elastic loop, and you will put the leather strip through the loop and wrap the loop around the strip three times until the pom pom is secure.
- Then you will need the silver snaps, to “close” the leather strip. (Look at the third photo above.)
- Finally, you will “open” the split ring and put it on the leather strip and attach it to any purse of your preference :)
This backpack is one of fave my purses, a mint leather backpack that is super practical and cute. The hubs bought it as gift for me during a business trip, aaaaah, he knows me well ;)
Can you tell I’ve been into pastel colors lately? Soft pink + grey is such a cute color combo! I’m dying to make more of these accessories for my purses in soft pink, black and navy. The other day I wore it while running errands and white getting a Starbucks, a gal standing in line asked me where I got my keychain. I told her I made it and that I was a DIY blogger. She asked me, “Do you sell them?” I said “No, not, for now, I barely have time to make one and blog about it! LOL.” She laughed with me and said she would check out my blog. Ahh, I would like to add these babies to my Etsy shop, but for now, digital printables is about as much as I can make to stock my shop ;)
Hope you enjoyed this DIY! To receive more crafts like this directly to your inbox, subscribe to my blog by clicking “subscribe” on the right-hand column. Happy Monday everyone!
Make or Buy?
While chatting with a gal at Starbucks about my pom pom keychain, she asked me if I’d sell these. For now, no, but I thought, hey if you have no time to make one, you could buy one! Here are a couple of similar keychains I found online.
- Faux fur pom pom keychain on Etsy
- Faux fur pom keychain in mint
- Asos oversized pom keychain
- Michael Kors Pom Keychain
SHOP THIS POST