“You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.”
— JM Barrie, Peter Pan
This quote says everything! Tulle is one of those “in between” materials, where it’s there, but then it isn’t, until you layer it a few times and then you see it. I was very inspired by tulle, in fact, I’ve had this post in the making for a year or so!
Today I’m sharing with you a craft I call “Tulle flair.” I created a tulle bow to accessorize my grey purse and it turned out exactly how I pictured it ;) Materials and tutorial are below the gorgeous images of products made with tulle that inspired my tulle flair craft.
What inspires you? DIY Tulle Flair Materials:
I drew inspiration from a few of these products
DIY Tulle Flair Materials and Tutorial
From top left
- Cut 20 inches long of tulle by 8 inches wide.
- Fold the tulle until you have a rectangular shape (look at top right photo.)
- Use the faux suede lace and tie it around the rectangular tulle shape five to six times.
- Leave at least two inches of suede and tie it around the key ring.
- “Separate” the tulle on both sides until you are happy with the shape of your bow ;)
TIP: Use “no sewing” glue and dab a few dots at the end of the knot of the lace. This will ensure the bow stays in place :)
Loving the pink tulle against my grey handbag!
Happy crafting ;)
More Fashion Related Posts