DIY Painted Leather Purse
Painting on Leather is FUN! I’ve been playing around with a few materials to achieve the ombré look I’m sharing with you today ;) And no, I did not make the leather purse, but found it online and then added my own DIY touch with a mix of leather paints and ink! The possibilities are endlesssssssss. Take a peek below for my DIY painted leather purse materials and tutorial.
DIY Painted Leather Purse Materials
DIY Painted Leather Purse Tutorial
- The purse I found online is super cute and very affordable. I believe the “Leather” is faux leather but the texture of the purse is very similar to leather and easy to paint on.
- Gather your materials and lay out the paints/inks you will use.
- Then, you will mix the pink leather paint with “berry” ink, resulting in a fuchsia color. Once you add two or three drops of the gray ink you will have a nice lavender color.
- Add this mixture to the top of the purse and work yourself down to the bottom.
- The trick to achieving the ombré effect is to use as little paint as possible with a dry brush. That way the bottom of the purse will show little paint, creating an ombré effect from deep lavender to very light lavender to “white”, the color of the purse ;)
- Let the paint dry for two hours and then enjoy your creation!
Loving my new unique and modern purse! I’m taking her out this week when I meet a few girlfriends to celebrate a birthday party.
Leave me a comment, your words always make my day!