This weekend I threw a minecraft party for my 9-year-old boy and I baked my first 4 layer cake. I drew my inspiration from the photo below.
- Square baking pans (2) (These are the ones I have)
- Natural green sprinkles
- Minecraft printable characters
- Fruit leather
I wanted to recreate the cube looking block staple of this video game and decided to make a square cake covered in chocolate frosting. Please take a look below to view a brief tutorial and results!
1. Bake 4 sheets of yellow cake using a 9×9 square inch pan. This recipe worked great!
2. Frost your cake with chocolate buttercream frosting using a frosting knife.
3. Use a whole container of “India Tree Emerald City Green” sparkling sugar to mimic the grass on top of the cube.
4. Spread the sparkling sugar like shown on the picture above.
5. Use 3 to 4 strips of fruit leather and cut it into different sizes of squares. The frosting will act as the “glue” and you will start sticking your fruit leather squares like shown above.
I added a topper of the main character on minecraft called “Steve”. I found a picture of “Steve” on-line and printed it on card stock paper. Then I made two copies of my print and cut around it. Please take a look below to see how I made it.
I made a total of 9 toppers using different “skins” you can add to “Steve” . The party was a success and my child had a wonderful time! I have more details regarding the party and I will post these very soon! Thank you for reading and as always, I love hearing from you!
Linking to these fab blogs: