Hello December! How are you doing with this year’s holiday season? Are you a little stressed out? When I’m stressed out I try to stop what I’m doing and think, “Do I really need to do A, B, C, D, E projects and commitments all at once?” Then, I try to eliminate unnecessary deadlines I’ve imposed to myself and focus on what needs to get done. Once my to-do list is done for the day I love to relax while I craft. Crafting is my way to unwind and focus on what I love doing the most: designing crafts! Today I have a “quick craft” for you called “Felt and Silver” ornaments. I made these in under 90 minutes and I’m really happy with the results! Please take a look at my tutorial below.
You will need the following:
- Flat floral wire
- Very thin silver floral wire
- A few felt balls (I bought mine on Amazon).
- 1. Begin wrapping the thin floral wire around a felt ball.
- 2. Follow the same procedure with the rest of the felt balls and put them aside.
- 3. Cut 12″ inches of flat floral wire and start shaping one end like a circle and the other end like a hook. Please look at the photos below.
- 5. The flat wire should look like figure #5
- 6. The circular shape should “hug” your felt ball tightly but not too tightly that the ball starts losing it’s shape
- 7. Decorate a small tree with your new ornaments
What do you think? The tree above is my oldest son’s Christmas tree and is made out of very fluffy cotton. Very kid friendly but now that I’ve borrowed it, I don’t want to give it back ;)
Thank you for reading and visiting kraft&mint. If you enjoyed this post, please “follow me” by scrolling up and clicking “Follow this blog” on the right column. As always, your comments make my day!
I’m linking to the following blogs: