Christmas will be here in just two weeks and I’m putting together a few stationery kits to give to my kid’s teachers as Christmas presents. So far I’ve designed a set of paper weights, inspired from my “feathered cubes” craft from a few weeks ago. Please view my tutorial below.
- Punch 1 sheet of silver card stock paper with a cloud puncher and a 1/2 inch circle puncher. I also used white paper and black sparkly paper to try different layouts but ended up using only the silver paper.
- Start taping your wood block with sparkly tape until the entire block is covered as shown above. You will use a total of 4 wood blocks and 2 rolls of sparkly tape to cover all 4 blocks.
- You can play with the different shapes you’ve cut out and try different layouts. My favorite was the cloud punch and I used this on 2 of the cubes. Please take a look below to view all 4 blocks put together.
The stationery below will be part of the kit and I’ll probably add cute pens and a gift card!
List of materials I used:
- Wood blocks from Ben Franklin craft store
- Sparkly tape from Amazon
- Cloud punch from Amazon
- 1/2 inch circle punch from Impress
- Heart punch from Impress
- Various kind of papers sold at Ben Franklin at the “specialty” paper section
- A Xyron sticker maker for all the cutouts
Thank you for reading! As always, your comments make my day!
Linking to these fab blogs:links here.