Hello! A couple of months ago, lovely Havala from “Sisters, What!” blog invited me to be part of the “Handmade Gifts” Blog hop. I love creative exercises such as this. The only “rule” for the bloggers participating in the blog hop was to make a handmade gift.
So I went for it and designed a simple leather bracelet with a “statement” stone. Ever since my first project using leather, I’m semi in-love with this material and crafted a couple of leather accessories.
Please take a look at the tutorial I’ve put together for you. With the right tools, this bracelet is very easy to put together. Even if you haven’t made a piece of jewelry before, if you can measure and cut a few strips of leather, you are well on your way to making these bracelets.
You will need a soft leather hide in white, statement stone beads, white leather cord, pliers, crafting glue and long silver pins. Begin by cutting 12 inches by 2 inches rectangles of white leather. Cut rectangles in four strips, (1/2 inch wide). Fold the ends of the strip and make a hole with a screw punch. Apply glue between the folded “ends” of the strips. Put these aside and let glue dry for an hour or so.
Put a pin through a statement stone bead and make and twist the pin to create a small “loop.” The top of the pin has a “loop” already, so once you twist the other end of the pin you’ll have a “loop” on each end. Set your stone bead aside.
Measure six inches of white leather cord and put it through one end of the leather strip’s hole and one end of the bead’s loop. Make a knot and secure knot with glue. Repeat the same process with the other bead’s “loop” and leather strip.
Enjoy your new creations and maybe keep one for yourself?
One of the most fun parts of giving is making your gift pretty
Now I need to decide who should I give these to ;)Thank you Havala for putting this blog hop together! I’m honored to be sharing my craft alongside super creative and talented crafters/bloggers!
Go check out all the amazing projects created by these wonderful bloggers ;)
- Romantic Stamped Clay Pendant – Whistle and Ivy
- Handmade Rustic Coaster – Making It To The Mountains
- DIY Key Holder – Hawthorne and Main
- DIY Tea Towels – Meet the B’s
- Family Memory Card Game – Sum of Their Stories
- Texture Infinity Scarf – Persia Lou
- DIY Felt Stuffie – Feathers Flights
- Bow Earwarmers – The Cwafty Blog
- DIY Copper Pipe Tray – Upcycled Treasures
- DIY Gold Accented Trinket Trays – For My Love Of
- Burberry Bag – Delineate Your Dwelling
- DIY Bracelet – Kraft and Mint
- DIY Miniature Wall Hangings – The Gathered Home
- Leather Accented Cutting Boards – Sisters, What!
- Hand Painted Recipe Box – Anderson and Grant
I’m sharing this post with these fab blogs: