Who doesn’t need extra hair accessories? It seems like I’m regularly losing my hair ties, and searching for one inside a pocket or my purse. Inspired by a previous craft, I searched for fold-over elastic and a few beads.
Looking for materials is alway exciting and I love when I find exactly what I was looking for.
- For this craft, you will need fold-over elastic, geometric beads and nail polish or metallic sharpies.
- Wipe the beads with a paper towel or cloth.
- Choose a few nail polishes or metallic sharpies. You can use both.
- Apply nail polish to two opposite sides of the geometric beads. Wait for the nail polish to dry, before you start painting another facet of the beads.
- Admire your creations!
- Cut 7 inches of fold-over elastic and tape one end with scotch tape. This will help the fold-over elastic to “get through” the small hole of the bead. Finally, tie a knot at both ends of the strips and enjoy your new hair ties.
“These would make awesome gifts for girlfriends.”
Check out the blogs I’m linking to: