I’m plain happy right now and super excited to share with you this project for Valentine’s day. One of the things my husband and I look forward the most is to wake up in the morning, make a fresh cup of coffee and enjoy the quiet of our home before the kids get up.
This valentine’s day I thought of surprising the hubs with a small gift to take to the office. Valentine’s day lands on a Saturday but that doesn’t mean I can’t start spoiling the hubs the day before v-day.
What I put together:
- I used an A7 size Kraft card box from paper source, washi tape and a heart punch.
- First, I covered part of the interior of the box with washi tape. I also taped the outside of the box.
- Third, I used my heart punch to make white confetti hearts.
- Finally, I filled up the box with the confetti.
These heart-shaped cinnamon sugar “cubes” inspired my project. I found these on “Food 52” and had to get them!
I put the sugar hearts in a small glassine bag, added a tea bag and included a note with my gift.
- Small note card I made last year at Ben Franklin’s die cut center.
- View of the inside of the card.
- Used the same washi tape I used for the box to seal my card.
- And voila, my kit was done.
The outside of the box looks pretty and not so girlie (like the inside of the box.) The hubs will open this at the office ;)
Hope you enjoyed this post! I had all the fun in the world putting this gift together and hope you give it a try! Happy crafting ;)
P.S. This post contains affiliate links. Please read my thoughts and policy on affiliate links here.
I’m linking to the following blogs: