Hello! How are you doing? Ready for a new summer craft? This DIY would be perfect for any summer party this year. My watermelon garland is one of the first crafts for my daughter’s upcoming birthday party. She could eat watermelons for days!
Friendly reminder: some of these links are affiliate links.
- 4″ Round sticker labels
- Green paper
- Gold sequins from this set
Let me show how easy this is to put together.
Watermelon garland DIY Tutorial
- I found a few 4″ round sticker labels on sale at Papersource.
- Then I cut 4.75mm in diameter circles with my circle cutter.
- I stuck a label sticker onto a green circle and “scored” the circle in the middle.
- Finally, I glued gold sequins to each circle to evoke the watermelons’ seeds.
Once the sequins were firmly glued, I place a strand of white leather cord in the middle of each circle. I “sandwiched” together the leather cord between my watermelon garland.
I found the teal paper fan behind the garland at a cupcake shop from all places! The berry red color from the watermelons against the teal background makes for a great contrast. Both the fan and garland will be the “background” to a watermelon flavored lemonade stand for my daughter’s party. She will be six in June. Sigh, my little girl is growing fast! You can also find a very similar tissue fan at the lovely Oh Happy Day shop .
June will be a busy month for me, I’m also throwing a baby shower for a dear friend, and the kids will be out of school. I’ll be one happy and exhausted momma! Are you planning any parties this Summer?
Shop this post